Friday, December 26, 2008

Favorite gift from xmas:




I didn't ask for this, and honestly I didn't know I wanted it and she probably didn't consider this as part of my Christmas present. I mentioned to mom how my beaters have taken a leave of absence from my kitchen. She nonchalantly offered up my grandmother's old stand mixer! OMG! This is the most perfect gift ever!

These are the actual beaters that mixed up my family's birthday cakes for their birthdays. Cookies for their afterschool treats. Mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving and divinity at the holidays. Peering into this mixers bowls have been many children and from this mixer many have been taught the divine secrets of the kitchen. -Although my brother will point out that sometimes the secrets are more like the charred secrets of our family, but whatever. While we sure do have a propensity to burn things, when they turn out right - food from grandma's (and my mom's) is always the best :D

May these beaters meet many new adventures in my kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment